Hello!

Nad

Shorts Wearing Youngster
Dec 2, 2020
Huh, I'll be honest, I didn't know this existed until saw the announcement of the OT closing! Figured I'd join in, forums have always been my speed over Discord for extreme lurking.

I've been a frequent reader of Siliconera for years now, and infrequent Disqus commenter on articles. Since childhood I've been a Nintendo boy, and my adoration of their bright colorful games has only gotten worse over the years as I've gotten my own job/house and live with my longtime partner who fully shares in my gaming obsession. I like to collect things, which primarily fall into the camps of expensive Japanese collectables like figmas, movies that interest me, video games, Lego, and Warhammer (Mainly 40K). Oh, I'm also pretty obsessed with Fire Emblem Heroes, where I'm a daily player and firmly a Dolphin class spender, haha.

I consider myself pretty easy going, and look forward to popping in now and again! I might not post a bunch, but I always enjoy reading thoughtful conversations.

Reactions: Annette

thelastgogeta

British_Otaku
Sep 16, 2020
I have the same feelings on forums since I like being able to peek and check the activity without needing to log in with GameFAQs is still being my lurking spot forum of choice. Here's hoping this place livens up with the kinds of discussions that you enjoy reading especially as there is a bit more structure here and the topic on 3DS games was going in a good direction.

Reactions: Annette

Nad

Shorts Wearing Youngster
Dec 2, 2020
Yeah, I'd look forward to that! I'm not always the best poster because I get apprehensive when I feel like I'm not contributing anything significant to the discussion, so if there's a lot of input on something already then I just tend to read, haha. But I definitely intend to partake in posts when I feel like I've got something good to add!

karmacoma

Saiyan
OTmate
Sep 16, 2020
Santa
The key is to stop worrying about whether what you have to say is significant or not. Even if it's a bullshit comment, a bullshit comment leads to another bullshit comment until you have a full new discussion going.

Also, I used the word bullshit, but truth is something you might think is trivial might be a fresh take or thought to someone who didn't naturally get to that same viewpoint.

And also also, welcome, man.