Perpetuating false information and banning for attempting to provide more accurate knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin_Vu

Shorts Wearing Youngster
Apr 28, 2021
I was immediately banned for just a single topic regarding Japan Studio closure. no warning, which in this case was "reserved for extreme cases" which to this moment, has not explained. I have seen multiple comments be removed without warning as to why. and then get banned altogether. All over a discussion about Japan Studio closure. So what rules did I break? And if I do say so myself, I believe I was even more respectful than the one I was engaging in conversation with.

Rule #5: Do your research before you post

I think I clarified multiple times in the article that Japan Studio will continue to exist, but not to the same degree it used to, which might as well be closed if it's not going to have a creative team anymore. BUT! As I did further research, my initial statement was more accurate than my redacted statement.

The last comment that moderator and social media supervisor Annette said was "The studio is open and departments restructured to aid Team Asobi, which was always part of Japan Studio, not its own entity." which according to Gameindustry.biz, it is not accurate at all.

I dont really need to tell anyone that Gameinudstry.biz is one of the most reliable sources you could ever find and have access to insider information.

Here is the following link:

Both gameindustry.biz and Sony's official statement make it clear that Team Asobi is now a separate studio/new organization.

However, I will admit I made a mistake in one of my previous statements. I originally interpreted the information that Japan Studio will continue to exist and will continue to be part of localization, but all the sources given further perpetuates that it is closed altogether.

Just in case you don't want to click on the link, this is the official statement.

"In an effort to further strengthen business operations, SIE can confirm PlayStation Studios Japan Studio will be re-organized into a new organization on April 1. Japan Studio will be re-centered to Team Asobi, the creative team behind Astro's Playroom, allowing the team to focus on a single vision and build on the popularity of Astro's Playroom.

"In addition, the roles of external production, software localization, and IP management of Japan Studio titles will be concentrated within the global functions of PlayStation Studios."

So it's safe to say "Japan Studio is no more" Even if you want to say that Japan Studio was absorbed by Team Asobi, Japan Studio (the name) is no longer active and will continue to not be active.

BUT BESIDE THE POINT....

My point is that I feel I was banned unjustly for this situation. with zero warning given at all. I was giving accurate enough information to say "Japan Studio" and for the most part, i was still being constructive during conversation.

Annette

Social Media Manager - Siliconera
Staff member
Aug 31, 2020
Hi Kevin, I want to clarify that you were not banned but put in timeout for a 24 hour period.

Secondly, you kept saying that the studio was closed and pointing to a singular news post that was prior to Sony's confirmation regarding the restructuring plan at SIE Japan Studio. Even when myself and others repeatedly posted that the studio was not closed (which it was not), you continued to push that information on several comment threads. You continued to reference an outdated GI.biz article prior to Sony's statement regarding the business restructuring. We posted an accurate article about this on Feb 25, 2021: https://www.siliconera.com/japan-studio-reorganization-announced/

Your timeout will be lifted sometime tomorrow at which point you will be welcome to return to commenting on our site. Please take this time to review our Posting Guidelines: https://forums.siliconera.com/threads/rules-and-guidelines-for-posting-on-siliconera.126/

This conversation is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.