PlayStation 5 Showcase 9.16.2020 Discussion

Annette

Social Media Manager - Siliconera
Staff member
Aug 31, 2020
It's finally happening! Will today's PlayStation 5 Showcase give us a date and price? Will we be able to pre-order systems today? Let's speculate before and talk about everything revealed during and after right here! :D

Annette

Staff member
Aug 31, 2020
*rolls dice*

$399 for disc version. Maybe $349 for discless.

And if we're gonna include games, give me Ridge Racer or give me 💀
Ridge Racer is a classic PS franchise. I'd love to see it come back on PS5.

Reactions: karmacoma

capnstubing

Shorts Wearing Youngster
Sep 16, 2020
Looking forward to this just to know the official launch line-up and pre-order info. *fingers crossed* Wouldn't be disappointed if those FF16 rumors wind up being true though. A mainline, single player Final Fantasy developed by the Heavensward team. I'd be twitterpated from moment one if it was announced.

Reactions: Annette

karmacoma

Saiyan
OTmate
Sep 16, 2020
Santa
The thing about a new FF announcement is, I think we're long past the days of FF being exclusive to one console. So for all the shit that Microsoft showcases get for there being "no exclusives," a FF unveiling wouldn't lean me towards the PS5. I'd be hype for it (if it looked good), but I could just as easily get it on the Series X.

Price really is the determining factor in which console I buy this generation. The game lineups are getting too similar these days, and a lot of previously exclusive PS third parties are migrating towards Switch.

G-bit

Shorts Wearing Youngster
OTmate
Sep 16, 2020
Bolivia (It ain't Mexico)
Square does seem to prefer Playstation tho.

Kingdom Hearts? III got out way before the collections, that's a joke xd
Final Fantasy VII Remake got a year exclusivity and wouldn't be surprised if they pull that card again but one thing for sure, that shit ain't coming at launch, hell, we're at the end of the Ps4 cycle and VII R just barely got out so if XVI is announced Im expecting that shit for 2026 xDDDD

Reactions: karmacoma

Annette

Staff member
Aug 31, 2020
I would love if there was an RE game done in that Tim Burton style they used for "story telling."

Herok

OTmate
Sep 12, 2020
I might just build a PC and borrow a friends if there are any must play exclusives. Like the reveals were cool, but I'm more a Square/Atlus guy which is why I buy their stuff and not for the first party exclusives.

karmacoma

Saiyan
OTmate
Sep 16, 2020
Santa
I buy PS for Japanese third parties as well. Not a fan of Sony's first party studios.

So.. I don't know, it looked good, but not day one good. And $499 for the disc version, oof.
I'll probably wait for the Slim.