post removed?...

Tsukoblue

Shorts Wearing Youngster
Aug 31, 2021

I am curious why my post was not accepted when there was nothing against it listed on the rules/guidelines

-Sony needs to do something about scalpers first
-Valve put a stop to everyone that was trying to price scalp the Steam deck handheld right away

Playstation5 price scalping is only happening because Sony is allowing it to happen

Tsukoblue

Shorts Wearing Youngster
Aug 31, 2021
A second post gets deleted when there is nothing wrong with it...

-Sony needs to get PS5s to retail store shelves already
-I will only buy one if I walk inside a Bestbuy and see one in the storage cabinet next to the PS4/5 games

I'm not going to bother commenting on Siliconera articles if this happens again

Neither of those posts contain anything related to hostility or any other inappropriate aspects

Annette

Social Media Manager - Siliconera
Staff member
Aug 31, 2020
One of the rules that we are adamant about sticking to is Rule #3: Stay on Topic in Articles. You can find our Posting Guidelines here: https://forums.siliconera.com/threads/rules-and-guidelines-for-posting-on-siliconera.126/

Posts that are not relevant to the topic will almost always be removed. We ask that discussions remain on topic on our articles, and if discussions are veering off-topic that they be moved here to the forums or our Discord channel.

Tsukoblue

Shorts Wearing Youngster
Aug 31, 2021
It happened a third time with a comment that was on topic

“I’m surprised that they’re doing something about this now, Sega never did anything about this in PSO1”

I’m done, will stick to posting on Siliconera’s facebook where the website’s mods/staff can’t abuse their power

When I try to post something I see a notification that the message is waiting to be approved by Siliconera, something that never used to pop up

I don’t care anymore, do whatever to my forum account, delete it, ban it, I have no patience for this

I’m generally a chill person that goes out of my way to avoid causing problems but I am extremely frustrated with this

Last edited:

Annette

Social Media Manager - Siliconera
Staff member
Aug 31, 2020
There was no abuse of power here, and to be upfront with you, as Siliconera's social media manager I also moderate our Facebook page. Our Disqus moderation settings are set so that new commenters on the site (which your account falls under) have posts held for review in the moderation panel. While posts are pending they are not visible on the site. It was there when I sat down to work this morning and was approved so it is live on the site now. After 30 days, only posts containing flagged words and links should be held in pending for staff/moderator approval.

It happened a third time with a comment that was on topic

“I’m surprised that they’re doing something about this now, Sega never did anything about this in PSO1”

I’m done, will stick to posting on Siliconera’s facebook where the website’s mods/staff can’t abuse their power

When I try to post something I see a notification that the message is waiting to be approved by Siliconera, something that never used to pop up

I don’t care anymore, do whatever to my forum account, delete it, ban it, I have no patience for this

I’m generally a chill person that goes out of my way to avoid causing problems but I am extremely frustrated with this