Siliconera+ Ad-Free Viewing Issues

Annette

Social Media Manager - Siliconera
Staff member
Aug 31, 2020
Hi, everyone!

We just launched Siliconera+ today (Oct 1, 2020) and there might be a few hiccups as we get all the kinks worked out. If you are encountering any issues, please let us know about them here. If you can show us screencaps of your issues, that is a huge help. Thanks!

Update #1: If you've signed up and are seeing the ads, try clearing out the past 24 hours of your cache. This may take a few minutes but the ads should be gone when you reload our site.

Last edited:

nacho_chicken

Shorts Wearing Youngster
Oct 1, 2020
I'm getting ads above and below the articles.

Also getting the video at the bottom right, and still getting the "Join Siliconera+ for ad-free viewing" banner at the top.

Running 64-bit Firefox 81.0.1 on Windows 10.

Annette

Social Media Manager - Siliconera
Staff member
Aug 31, 2020
I'm getting ads above and below the articles.

Also getting the video at the bottom right, and still getting the "Join Siliconera+ for ad-free viewing" banner at the top.

Running 64-bit Firefox 81.0.1 on Windows 10.
OK! So I just had to do this myself. Head into your browser settings and clear your cache. I cleared out the last 24 hours of cache and now all of the ads are gone. Hope this helps!

nacho_chicken

Shorts Wearing Youngster
Oct 1, 2020
OK! So I just had to do this myself. Head into your browser settings and clear your cache. I cleared out the last 24 hours of cache and now all of the ads are gone. Hope this helps!
Figures that was all I had to do. Fixed the ads, but still getting the "Join Siliconera+" banner. Thanks!

Reactions: Annette