The search engine needs to return

Rasendori

Shorts Wearing Youngster
May 25, 2022
I've been using the site for years and one of the old features I miss the most was the search engine. It helped me find a source to provide to friends on Discord, but with it gone it makes it difficult to find anything. I know google is an option but sometimes it has a weird thing where it doesn't display an article even if I correctly type out the title. Plus sometimes I like to put in keywords to keep up to date on my favorite games and etc.

The most I can remember is some article a mod claimed the search engine was busy being worked on as they were changing site hosts, but that was a month ago and every time I check on this site I keep assuming the search engine will just randomly return once I come on it. Rambling aside, I just want to know if the new search engine is still being worked on or was it abandoned?

Annette

Social Media Manager - Siliconera
Staff member
OTmate
Aug 31, 2020
The search tool was temporarily disabled while the site was moving hosts. I'm not sure why it hasn't been re-activated yet but I will check in again with the tech team about it. It won't be a new tool, just the same one we had before.